Posts tagged music
Posts tagged music
This is seriously amazing.
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend
- Adele - Rolling in the Deep
- The Head and the Heart - Down in the Valley
- Manchester Orchestra - Virgin
- BONUS: Bon Iver - Holocene
At first I was kind of shocked at my how mainstream my favorite songs of this year have been. But then I realized that the top 3 aren’t really songs that I even listened to that much. I found myself falling in love with the songs through the covers done by other artists and their interpretations that really showcased just how great the songs were. Case in point: Army of 3 (Ingrid Michaelson) - Somebody That I Used To Know, Erato - Call Your Girlfriend, Vasquez Sounds - Rolling In The Deep
The rest of the list (plus a bonus 6th track) is really just a lopsided showcase of the amazing folk music that I really came to love this year. Most of the pop-punk I listened to was just lacking a standout track. The albums as a whole were great, but I couldn’t choose a solid single from those albums as I really loved the albums as a whole.
I think I’ve finally got the list in order. I’m a little disappointed in this year’s list, as I only had about 17 albums to choose from. And my top 3 were fairly obvious. But c’est la vie. So without further adieu:
- Bon Iver - Bon Iver
- Drew Barefoot - Forrest Creatures*
- Dangerous Summer - War Paint
- New Found Glory - Radiosurgery
- Hellogoodbye - Would It Kill You?
- K.Flay - I Stopped Caring in ‘96
- The Head and The Heart - The Head and The Heart
- Owen - Ghost Town
- Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
- Childish Gambino - Camp
* This album didn’t come out in 2011, but there was no way for me to discover it then and I’m making the exception just this once.
I’m going through the music I listened to last year. This is my top 98 albums according to my listening habits. I usually use this as a starting point as I make my top 10 lists for the year. Sadly, you’ll notice that there aren’t many that actually came out in 2011.
Every once in a while I stumble across an album that perfectly fits my current mood/state. Thanks to Kelly and this video, I ultimately came across this album by Drew Barefoot and I couldn’t be happier. It’s absolutely beautiful and exactly what I needed today.
Amiina - What are we waiting for?
I’ve been loving this Puzzle album lately. Fun to put on in the background and do work to.
i created an application with twilio where you can record and submit (music) from a cell phone. zack was playing my uke and i was being noisy at kc. what did he want, man? is he a man or not, man? we may never know.
You, Me, And Everyone We Know - Livin’ The Dream